The advertisement below is currently listed on Seek.com.au – click here to see the ad on SEEK
Sponsorship and Partnership Manager
Role: Sponsorship and Partnership Manager
Initial salary: $70,000 PA (+ car and mobile device or allowance)
Term: Initially, a maximum of 12-months with likelihood of extension if all agreed KPI’s are met
Bushfire Volunteers is a registered charity and the not-for-profit peak body that represents, supports and promotes WA’s 560 Bush Fire Brigades, their 20,000+ registered volunteer members and the thousands of others who enable them to serve and protect communities all over the State.
The association was incorporated in 1991 and in mid-2019, hired its first ever full-time employee. One of the primary goals of that appointment was to develop strategies to enable a substantial increase in the number and breadth of services we provide to members, government and the broader community. Consequently, we now have ambitious plans for a raft of exciting projects that will generate strong returns for all of our stakeholders.
However, it has been confirmed and repeatedly reinforced by our traditional funding body that in order to finance the work required to provide better services to and for our volunteer members, this association will need to invest in developing alternative sources of revenue.
We therefore seek to recruit a highly proficient, resilient and creative individual to join our team in the role of Sponsorship and Partnership Manager.
About the job
Our first Sponsorship and Partnership Manager will play an integral part in the future operational and strategic success of Bushfire Volunteers.
As this is a brand-new role in a very lean team, the successful applicant will need to be willing and able to self-initiate, take responsibility for their work and deliver positive outcomes from the first week.
This is not an entry-level position.
Among the highest priorities of the Sponsorship and Partnership Manager are to:
- proactively identify, initiate, secure and maintain strong, ethical and mutually rewarding relationships with current and future sponsors and partners,
- take a leadership role in the on-going development and evaluation of the association’s sponsorship and partnership strategies, tools and procedures,
- record accurate and up-to-date information on all sponsorship and partnership activities,
- maintain and share a strong awareness of current news, trends and innovations in not-for-profit funding,
- actively and enthusiastically participate as a team member in the broader evolution and success of the association.
Are you the one?
You tell us!
If you are excited by what you’ve read, do some research about us and the sector then using any combination of the contact details below, convince us that the association will benefit by investing in you.
Make your application a case study that proves you have the skills we need to forge strong, successful relationships with our sponsors and partners
1800 BF VOLS (1800 23 8657)
Level 2/161 Great Eastern Hwy BELMONT WA 6104
- We don’t want your application to be just a box-ticking exercise and therefore purposefully have not included selection criteria. The only non-negotiable criteria we have are that you “get” the concept of voluntarism and support the invaluable work of Australia’s emergency service volunteers.
- Although a significant proportion of our sponsors and partners are Perth-based and will therefore require the SaP Manager to spend a significant amount of time in Perth, we welcome applications from individuals in regional areas.
There is no closing date for this position. An appointment will be made and this advertisement removed as soon as the right candidate is confirmed.