Western Power recognises the tremendous work the Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades deliver to the WA community. To show our support, we are pleased to offer brigades the opportunity to apply for a grant valued up to $5,000.
You have the opportunity to apply for a grant for the following:
- training supplies and safety materials
- outdoor tools and accessories
- fixtures for machinery
- upgrades for existing equipment
The choice is yours. The main objective is to assist your brigade to function more effectively.
To be eligible for the grant, a brigade must:
- be located in the Western Power Network area of the south west corner of Western Australia. Please refer to the map located at westernpower.com.au for details.
- have not received a grant from Western Power in the last 12 months under the Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade scheme.
All valid applications will be reviewed with successful applicants determined by a panel. The panel consists of one representative from each of Western Power, Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) and the Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades.
- The panels decision will be final and without any right of appeal.
- The panel reserves the right to require clarification of applications.
- Brigades who use grant funds for any other purpose than that stated in its application will be disqualified from all future grants.
Important points to note
- Applications can be made for one or more items but the total value must not exceed $5,000 plus GST.
- Applications must clearly identify items requested and give reasons why these items are required.
- Quotes or screen shots from online enquiries must be submitted with the application.
- All information submitted will be used in the selection process, so please ensure it is accurate and verifiable.
- Brigades are encouraged to only apply for necessary items to enable us to support more brigades.
- Successful brigades will receive funds for the amount requested and be required to purchase the goods from the supplier quoted on the application.
- Successful brigades will be invited to take part in local press publications and media releases.
- Please note provision for connections for Volunteer Bush Fire Association properties can be arranged by contacting our customer service centre on 13 10 87 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications open Thursday 1 August and close 5pm Friday 29 August 2014.
Logged in users can download the application form belowDownload