The Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades wishes to notify all brigades that the registration process is now open for the 2017 Fire Cadet Championships to be held in NSW.
The RFSA (NSW Rural Fire Service Association) is proud to co-host the 2017 Australian Fire Cadet Championships in partnership with the NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS).
Established in 2007, the championships provide a safe and enjoyable opportunity for cadet fire fighters to compete, develop their skills and interact with other cadets from across the country.
Cadets are aged between twelve and sixteen years of age and since the inaugural competition teams from New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and New Zealand have all participated in the event.
The aims of the championships are to:
1. provide a safe, enjoyable youth participation event for cadet firefighters, focused on developing skills through a competitive and structured competition;
2. provide an opportunity for socialisation and personal development for cadet firefighters from across Australia and beyond;
3. enable the establishment of both formal and informal networks and the exchange of ideas and experiences between the leaders of cadet firefighter groups;
4. increase national public awareness of the existence and importance of cadet firefighter groups and programs in Australia;
5. promote the cadet movement and emergency service volunteering for youth to help sustain volunteer numbers into the future.
The RFSA is committed to developing current and future leaders of the NSW RFS and the championships are a platform for the formation of a network between cadets that can continue to strengthen as they rise through the Service.
Cadets have the opportunity to socialise, exchange ideas and develop personal relationships as well as fire fighting skills.
The 2017 competition will be held at the Myuna Bay Sport and Recreation Camp from Tuesday 3rd to Friday 6th October.
To view the 2017 Australian Fire Cadet Championships Event Guide, click following link: http://www.rfsa.org.au/content/upload/files/Assistance%20Programs/Fire-Cadets/2017/2017%20AFCC%20Info%20Guide%20-%20FINAL.
Expression of interest forms can be downloaded from the website at http://www.rfsa.org.au/our-community/australia-fire-cadet-championships