The following Question Without Notice was asked by the Shadow Emergency Services Minister Hon Dr Steve Thomas and answered today in the Upper House by the Hon Stephen Dawson on behalf of the Emergency Services Minister Hon Fran Logan MLA
Hon Dr STEVE THOMAS to the minister representing the Minister for Emergency Services:
I refer to the government’s Rural Fire Division, announced on 13 April 2018, and to my question without notice 389 asked on 16 May 2018.
(1) How many of the expected 32 FTE staff have now been appointed to and are working in the Rural Fire Division?
(2) How many of those positions were advertised under the recruitment advertising management system of the Public Sector Commissioner?
(3) How many of those positions were filled by staff redeployed within the Department of Fire and Emergency Services?
(4) What selection process did those redeployed staff undergo?
(5) Can the minister confirm that all staff of the Rural Fire Division are fully and adequately qualified for the roles they have been given?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) Thirty-four FTEs have been appointed under the Rural Fire Division.
(2) There were 18 positions.
(3) There were 16 positions.
(4) All staff appointed underwent the appropriate selection process.